- Date: June 25, 2010
- Bikes: 120+
- Weather: Clear, 80° F
- Miles: 12
- Route: Route map
- Pictures: 43 Pictures
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0mX53BPCs
- End Point: Lincoln Park Pub, Tremont
CHANNEL 5 NEWS FEATURE:
Reasons why you should definitely attend Cleveland Critical Mass THIS FRIDAY:
1) This month, we’re poised to have our largest turn-out yet! Over ninety have confirmed their attendance already.
2) The weather is supposed to be perfect for a bicycle ride. Sunny and 80 degrees, with 0% chance of precipitation!
3) We got media this month. CCM was mentioned on WEWS Channel 5 and a few shout-outs on Fox 8. If cameras show up, let’s show NE Ohio that we have strength in numbers and that bicycles belong!
4) Meet new people who love Cleveland and enjoy bicycling. Roll up to someone you think is interesting and strike up a conversation along the ride!
5) Food, drinks, and great company afterward at Lincoln Park Pub in Tremont.
6) Few things are more fun than bicycling in a gigantic group, all while getting pedestrians and drivers to cheer you on!
7) Celebrate the first weekend of the summer!
As always, we’ll meet at Public Square in front of the Terminal Tower at 6pm, then take off promptly at 6:30pm. The group will swing by Public Square again at 7pm to pick up stragglers and people who have to work a little later.
Catch you Friday!
We sent the following message out to members of the CCM Facebook group. If you aren’t a member already, you should do it now so that you don’t miss the great stuff we send out!
Just a quick reminder about Cleveland Critical Mass tomorrow. Meet at Public Square at 6pm, and we’ll take off promptly at 6:30pm. We will swing back through Public Square to pick up late arrivals at 7pm or shortly after.
We anticipate ending this month’s ride at Lincoln Park Pub on West 14th Street in Tremont, since LPP has plenty of space for a large group, a nice-sized patio, food, and places around to park a lot of bikes. So if you become disconnected from the group or cannot ride and would like to socialize afterward, we will meet you there sometime after 8pm.
A few us have discussed supporting our cohorts in the bicycle community in their attempts to have bicycle and pedestrian access incorporated into the new Innerbelt Bridge. You can catch up on their campaign on gcbl.org. We are planning to take a quick group photo near the ramp in Tremont towards the very end of our ride to take a stand on the issue. This is completely optional, and those who choose not to participate may press on to our ending destination. Please consider joining us to send a message to ODOT that bicycles are a vital part of communities.
Lastly, please join our Facebook group if you haven’t already so that you can stay updated about future CCM activities. Just search “Cleveland Critical Mass” and you should find it without any problems.
Let’s all ride safely tomorrow, look out for each other like we always do, respect all riders and non-riders alike, and most importantly, make this ride the best yet!
It’s time again for Critical Mass, Cleveland style!
We’ll begin meeting at Public Square in front of the Terminal Tower at 6pm, then will take off promptly at 6:30pm. Join us for what may be the most fun you’ll have on a bicycle! Bicyclists from all walks of life and of all skill levels are welcome!
Last month, a pack of more than fifty bicyclists trekked over downtown and other neighborhoods. Let’s aim to top seventy-five this month (the more, the merrier!). So please invite everyone you know that enjoys riding.
And in addition to serving a great social purpose, Critical Mass is also an excellent way to meet new people!
Let the discussion about an ending location and/or beach party begin below.
RSVP via Facebook here.
EDIT: If you miss us when we take off at 6:30 please chill at public square. We will swing back around at 7 p.m. and pick up any late arrivals. If you’re later than that, though, it will be tough to find us!!
Keep in mind that it’s hard to be precise with critical mass. So if it’s 7 o’clock sharp and we’re not there yet, hold tight for a few minutes!